The 4 person team championship takes place on 17th – 20th May 2018 here in the renowned Castlecomer Golf Club. At stake is a golf holiday in Spain later in the year, plus a host of other great prizes. There is a category for non GUI teams as well as GUI. The cost of entry is €160 per team which includes a post round meal.
1st prize includes
4 nights B&B in the Residence Apartments in Mar Menor Golf Resort in the Murcia region of Spain
3 Rounds of Golf – there is a choice of 6 golf courses, including on site resort course ( Mar Menor, La Torre, Saurines,Hacienda Riquelme, El Valle and Alhama)
The prize includes €400 towards the price of the return flights.
Travel is in October 2018 – subject to availability
2nd Prize – West of Ireland mid-week golf break including two nights B&B in the Castlecourt Hotel in Westport plus rounds of golf in both Westport Golf Club and Connemara Championship Golf Links.
3rd Prize – East of Ireland mid-week golf break including one-night B&B in Tulfarris Golf Resort plus rounds of golf in Tulfarris Golf Club and Bunclody Golf Club.
4th Prize – Midlands golf break including one-night B&B in the Tullamore Court Hotel in Tullamore plus rounds of golf in Tullamore Golf Club and the Heritage Golf Club.
There will also be a ladies team prize, a seniors (over 60’s) prize and a non-GUI team prize.
To enter a Team: Call Colin 086-2451598 or Fergal 087-1810011, or email: email@example.com
A special thanks goes to Castlecomer Credit Union who are the main sponsors for the championship.
Castlecomer Team Championship Rules
1. To be eligible to win a prize in the GUI section, all golfers must have a current GUI/CONGU handicap and be a member of an affiliated club of same.
2. In order to win first prize in the GUI section, there must be a minimum of 2 team participants who are full members (not juvenile or student) of their respective club(s).
3. The competition committee will seek proof of handicap eligibility before prizes are awarded.
4. The competition committee is in charge of the course set up and rules for the duration of the 3 days.
5. The decision(s) of the competition committee are final.